Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Tierce(0.01077 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Tierce.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the third canonical hour; about 9 a.m. [syn: terce]
2: the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
[syn: three, 3, III, trio, threesome, leash, troika,
triad, trine, trinity, ternary, ternion, triplet,
tercet, terzetto, trey, deuce-ace]
3: one of three equal parts of a divisible whole; “it contains
approximately a third of the minimum daily requirement”
[syn: one-third, third]
English → English (gcide)
Tierce \Tierce\, n. [F. tierce a third, from tiers, tierce,
third, fr. L. tertius the third; akin to tres three. See
Third, Three, and cf. Terce, Tercet, Tertiary.]
1. A cask whose content is one third of a pipe; that is,
forty-two wine gallons; also, a liquid measure of
forty-two wine, or thirty-five imperial, gallons.
2. A cask larger than a barrel, and smaller than a hogshead
or a puncheon, in which salt provisions, rice, etc., are
packed for shipment.
3. (Mus.) The third tone of the scale. See Mediant.
4. A sequence of three playing cards of the same suit. Tierce
of ace, king, queen, is called tierce-major.
5. (Fencing) A position in thrusting or parrying in which the
wrist and nails are turned downward.
6. (R. C. Ch.) The third hour of the day, or nine a. m,; one
of the canonical hours; also, the service appointed for