Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Tertiary(0.01262 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Tertiary.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj : coming next after the second and just before the fourth in
position [syn: third, 3rd]
n : from 63 million to 2 million years ago [syn: Tertiary period
English → English (gcide)
Tertiary \Ter"ti*a*ry\, a. [L. tertiarius containing a third
part, fr. tertius third: cf. F. tertiaire. See Tierce.]
1. Being of the third formation, order, or rank; third; as, a
tertiary use of a word. --Trench.
2. (Chem.) Possessing some quality in the third degree;
having been subjected to the substitution of three atoms
or radicals; as, a tertiary alcohol, amine, or salt. Cf.
Primary, and Secondary.
3. (Geol.) Later than, or subsequent to, the Secondary.
4. (Zo["o]l.) Growing on the innermost joint of a bird's
wing; tertial; -- said of quills.
Tertiary age. (Geol.) See under Age, 8.
Tertiary color, a color produced by the mixture of two
secondaries. “The so-called tertiary colors are citrine,
russet, and olive.” --Fairholt.
Tertiary period. (Geol.)
(a) The first period of the age of mammals, or of the
(b) The rock formation of that period; -- called also
Tertiary formation. See the Chart of Geology.
Tertiary syphilis (Med.), the third and last stage of
syphilis, in which it invades the bones and internal
Tertiary \Ter"ti*a*ry\, n.; pl. Tertiaries.
1. (R. C. Ch.) A member of the Third Order in any monastic
system; as, the Franciscan tertiaries; the Dominican
tertiaries; the Carmelite tertiaries. See Third Order,
under Third. --Addis & Arnold.
2. (Geol.) The Tertiary era, period, or formation.
3. (Zo["o]l.) One of the quill feathers which are borne upon
the basal joint of the wing of a bird. See Illust. of