Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Mission school (0.00874 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Mission school.
English → English
Definition: Mission school
, n. [L. missio, fr. mittere, missum, to send:
cf. F. mission. See Missile
1. The act of sending, or the state of being sent; a being
sent or delegated by authority, with certain powers for
transacting business; comission.
Whose glorious deeds, but in these fields of late,
Made emulous missions 'mongst the gods themselves.
2. That with which a messenger or agent is charged; an
errand; business or duty on which one is sent; a
How to begin, how to accomplish best
His end of being on earth, and mission high.
3. Persons sent; any number of persons appointed to perform
any service; a delegation; an embassy; as, the Russian
mission to the United Nations.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
In these ships there should be a mission of three of
the fellows or brethren of Solomon's house. --Bacon.
4. An assotiation or organization of missionaries; a station
or residence of missionaries.
5. An organization for worship and work, dependent on one or
6. A course of extraordinary sermons and services at a
particular place and time for the special purpose of
quickening the faith and zeal participants, and of
converting unbelievers. --Addis & Arnold.
7. Dismission; discharge from service. [Obs.]
(a) A school connected with a mission and conducted by
(b) A school for the religious instruction of children not
having regular church privileges.
Syn: Message; errand; commission; deputation.