Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To wing a flight(0.00946 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To wing a flight.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To wing a flight
Wing \Wing\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Winged; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To furnish with wings; to enable to fly, or to move with
Who heaves old ocean, and whowings the storms.
Living, to wing with mirth the weary hours.
2. To supply with wings or sidepieces.
The main battle, whose puissance on either side
Shall be well winged with our chiefest horse.
3. To transport by flight; to cause to fly.
I, an old turtle,
Will wing me to some withered bough. --Shak.
4. To move through in flight; to fly through.
There's not an arrow wings the sky
But fancy turns its point to him. --Moore.
5. To cut off the wings of or to wound in the wing; to
disable a wing of; as, to wing a bird; also, [fig.] to
wound the arm of a person.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
To wing a flight, to exert the power of flying; to fly.