Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Handling(0.01662 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Handling.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: manual (or mechanical) carrying or moving or delivering or
working with something
2: the action of touching with the hands or the skillful use of
the hands [syn: manipulation]
3: the management of someone or something; “the handling of
prisoners”; “the treatment of water sewage”; “the right to
equal treatment in the criminal justice system” [syn: treatment]
English → English (gcide)
Handle \Han"dle\ (h[a^]n"d'l), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Handled
(-d'ld); p. pr. & vb. n. Handling (-dl[i^]ng).] [OE.
handlen, AS. handlian; akin to D. handelen to trade, G.
handeln. See Hand.]
1. To touch; to feel with the hand; to use or hold with the
Handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh.
About his altar, handling holy things. --Milton.
2. To manage in using, as a spade or a musket; to wield;
often, to manage skillfully.
That fellow handles his bow like a crowkeeper.
3. To accustom to the hand; to work upon, or take care of,
with the hands.
The hardness of the winters forces the breeders to
house and handle their colts six months every year.
4. To receive and transfer; to have pass through one's hands;
hence, to buy and sell; as, a merchant handles a variety
of goods, or a large stock.
5. To deal with; to make a business of.
They that handle the law knew me not. --Jer. ii. 8.
6. To treat; to use, well or ill.
How wert thou handled being prisoner? --Shak.
7. To manage; to control; to practice skill upon.
You shall see how I will handle her. --Shak.
8. To use or manage in writing or speaking; to treat, as a
theme, an argument, or an objection.
We will handle what persons are apt to envy others.
To handle without gloves. See under Glove. [Colloq.]
Handling \Han"dling\ (h[a^]n"dl[i^]ng), n. [AS. handlung.]
1. A touching, controlling, managing, using, etc., with the
hand or hands, or as with the hands. See Handle, v. t.
The heavens and your fair handling
Have made you master of the field this day.
2. (Drawing, Painting, etc.) The mode of using the pencil or
brush, etc.; style of touch. --Fairholt.