Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Enforce(0.01212 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Enforce.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: ensure observance of laws and rules; “Apply the rules to
everyone”; [syn: implement, apply] [ant: exempt]
2: compel to behave in a certain way; “Social relations impose
courtesy” [syn: impose]
English → English (gcide)
Enforce \En*force\, v. i.
1. To attempt by force. [Obs.]
2. To prove; to evince. [R.] --Hooker.
3. To strengthen; to grow strong. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
Enforce \En*force"\, n.
Force; strength; power. [Obs.]
A petty enterprise of small enforce. --Milton.
Enforce \En*force"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Enforced; p. pr. &
vb. n. Enforcing.] [OF. enforcier to strengthen, force, F.
enforcir; pref. en- (L. in) + F. force. See Force.]
1. To put force upon; to force; to constrain; to compel; as,
to enforce obedience to commands.
Inward joy enforced my heart to smile. --Shak.
2. To make or gain by force; to obtain by force; as, to
enforce a passage. “Enforcing furious way.” --Spenser.
3. To put in motion or action by violence; to drive.
As swift as stones
Enforced from the old Assyrian slings. --Shak.
4. To give force to; to strengthen; to invigorate; to urge
with energy; as, to enforce arguments or requests.
Enforcing sentiment of the thrust humanity. --Burke.
5. To put in force; to cause to take effect; to give effect
to; to execute with vigor; as, to enforce the laws.
6. To urge; to ply hard; to lay much stress upon.
Enforce him with his envy to the people. --Shak.