Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Enforcing(0.01191 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Enforcing.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: ensure observance of laws and rules; “Apply the rules to
everyone”; [syn: implement, apply] [ant: exempt]
2: compel to behave in a certain way; “Social relations impose
courtesy” [syn: impose]
English → English (gcide)
Enforce \En*force"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Enforced; p. pr. &
vb. n. Enforcing.] [OF. enforcier to strengthen, force, F.
enforcir; pref. en- (L. in) + F. force. See Force.]
1. To put force upon; to force; to constrain; to compel; as,
to enforce obedience to commands.
Inward joy enforced my heart to smile. --Shak.
2. To make or gain by force; to obtain by force; as, to
enforce a passage. “Enforcing furious way.” --Spenser.
3. To put in motion or action by violence; to drive.
As swift as stones
Enforced from the old Assyrian slings. --Shak.
4. To give force to; to strengthen; to invigorate; to urge
with energy; as, to enforce arguments or requests.
Enforcing sentiment of the thrust humanity. --Burke.
5. To put in force; to cause to take effect; to give effect
to; to execute with vigor; as, to enforce the laws.
6. To urge; to ply hard; to lay much stress upon.
Enforce him with his envy to the people. --Shak.