Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: subdued (0.01312 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to subdued.
English → Indonesian
English → English
adj 1: in a softened tone; “hushed voices”
; “muted trumpets”
; “a quiet reprimand”
2: restrained in style or quality; “a little masterpiece of
3: quieted and brought under control; “children were subdued
4: lacking in light; not bright or harsh; “a dim light beside
; “subdued lights and soft music”
English → English
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Subdued
; p. pr. & vb.
.] [OE. soduen, OF. sosduire to seduce, L.
subtus below (fr. sub under) + ducere to lead. See Duke
and cf. Subduct
1. To bring under; to conquer by force or the exertion of
superior power, and bring into permanent subjection; to
reduce under dominion; to vanquish.
I will subdue all thine enemies. --1 Chron.
2. To overpower so as to disable from further resistance; to
Nothing could have subdued nature
To such a lowness, but his unkind daughters. --Shak.
If aught . . . were worthy to subdue
The soul of man. --Milton.
3. To destroy the force of; to overcome; as, medicines subdue
4. To render submissive; to bring under command; to reduce to
mildness or obedience; to tame; as, to subdue a stubborn
child; to subdue the temper or passions.
5. To overcome, as by persuasion or other mild means; as, to
subdue opposition by argument or entreaties.
6. To reduce to tenderness; to melt; to soften; as, to subdue
ferocity by tears.
7. To make mellow; to break, as land; also, to destroy, as
8. To reduce the intensity or degree of; to tone down; to
soften; as, to subdue the brilliancy of colors.
Syn: To conquer; overpower; overcome; surmount; vanquish. See
1. Conquered; overpowered; crushed; submissive; mild.
2. Not glaring in color; soft in tone.