Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Subdued(0.01126 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Subdued.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: in a softened tone; “hushed voices”; “muted trumpets”; “a
subdued whisper”; “a quiet reprimand” [syn: hushed,
2: restrained in style or quality; “a little masterpiece of
low-keyed eloquence” [syn: low-key, low-keyed]
3: quieted and brought under control; “children were subdued
4: lacking in light; not bright or harsh; “a dim light beside
the bed”; “subdued lights and soft music” [syn: dim]
English → English (gcide)
Subdue \Sub*due"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Subdued; p. pr. & vb.
n. Subduing.] [OE. soduen, OF. sosduire to seduce, L.
subtus below (fr. sub under) + ducere to lead. See Duke,
and cf. Subduct.]
1. To bring under; to conquer by force or the exertion of
superior power, and bring into permanent subjection; to
reduce under dominion; to vanquish.
I will subdue all thine enemies. --1 Chron.
2. To overpower so as to disable from further resistance; to
Nothing could have subdued nature
To such a lowness, but his unkind daughters. --Shak.
If aught . . . were worthy to subdue
The soul of man. --Milton.
3. To destroy the force of; to overcome; as, medicines subdue
4. To render submissive; to bring under command; to reduce to
mildness or obedience; to tame; as, to subdue a stubborn
child; to subdue the temper or passions.
5. To overcome, as by persuasion or other mild means; as, to
subdue opposition by argument or entreaties.
6. To reduce to tenderness; to melt; to soften; as, to subdue
ferocity by tears.
7. To make mellow; to break, as land; also, to destroy, as
8. To reduce the intensity or degree of; to tone down; to
soften; as, to subdue the brilliancy of colors.
Syn: To conquer; overpower; overcome; surmount; vanquish. See
Subdued \Sub*dued"\, a.
1. Conquered; overpowered; crushed; submissive; mild.
2. Not glaring in color; soft in tone.