Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: seasoning(0.01377 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to seasoning.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: something added to food primarily for the savor it imparts
[syn: flavorer, flavourer, flavoring, flavouring,
2: the act of adding a seasoning to food
English → English (gcide)
Season \Sea"son\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Seasoned; p. pr. & vb.
1. To render suitable or appropriate; to prepare; to fit.
He is fit and seasoned for his passage. --Shak.
2. To fit for any use by time or habit; to habituate; to
accustom; to inure; to ripen; to mature; as, to season one
to a climate.
3. Hence, to prepare by drying or hardening, or removal of
natural juices; as, to season timber.
4. To fit for taste; to render palatable; to give zest or
relish to; to spice; as, to season food.
5. Hence, to fit for enjoyment; to render agreeable.
You season still with sports your serious hours.
The proper use of wit is to season conversation.
6. To qualify by admixture; to moderate; to temper. “When
mercy seasons justice.” --Shak.
7. To imbue; to tinge or taint. “Who by his tutor being
seasoned with the love of the truth.” --Fuller.
Season their younger years with prudent and pious
principles. --Jer. Taylor.
8. To copulate with; to impregnate. [R.] --Holland.
Seasoning \Sea"son*ing\, n.
1. The act or process by which anything is seasoned.
2. That which is added to any species of food, to give it a
higher relish, as salt, spices, etc.; a condiment.
3. Hence, something added to enhance enjoyment or relieve
dullness; as, wit is the seasoning of conversation.
Political speculations are of so dry and austere a
nature, that they will not go down with the public
without frequent seasonings. --Addison.
Seasoning tub (Bakery), a trough in which dough is set to