Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: resound(0.01417 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to resound.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: ring or echo with sound; “the hall resounded with laughter”
[syn: echo, ring, reverberate]
2: emit a noise [syn: make noise, noise]
English → English (gcide)
Resound \Re*sound"\, n.
Return of sound; echo. --Beaumont.
Resound \Re*sound"\ (r?*zound"), v. i. [imp. & p. p.
Resounded; p. pr. & vb. n. Resounding.] [OE. resounen,
OF. resoner, F. r['e]sonner, from L. resonare; pref. re- re-
+ sonare to sound, sonus sound. See Sound to make a noise.]
1. To sound loudly; as, his voice resounded far.
2. To be filled with sound; to ring; as, the woods resound
3. To be echoed; to be sent back, as sound. “Common fame . .
. resounds back to them again.” --South.
4. To be mentioned much and loudly. --Milton.
5. To echo or reverberate; to be resonant; as, the earth
resounded with his praise.
Resound \Re*sound"\, v. t.
1. To throw back, or return, the sound of; to echo; to
Albion's cliffs resound the rur??ay. --Pope.
2. To praise or celebrate with the voice, or the sound of
instruments; to extol with sounds; to spread the fame of.
The man for wisdom's various arts renowned,
Long exercised in woes, O muse, resound. --Pope.
Syn: To echo; re["e]cho; reverberate; sound.