Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: pursuing(0.01179 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to pursuing.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
memburu, memburui, mengejar
English → English (WordNet)
adj : following in order to overtake or capture or as
accompaniment to such pursuit; “the fox fled from the
pursuing hounds”; “listened for the hounds' pursuing
bark” English → English (gcide)
Pursue \Pur*sue"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pursued; p. pr. & vb.
n. Pursuing.] [OE. pursuen, porsuen, OF. porsivre,
poursuivre, poursuir, F. poursuivre, fr. L. prosequi; pro
forward + sequi to follow. See Sue, and cf. Prosecute,
1. To follow with a view to overtake; to follow eagerly, or
with haste; to chase; as, to pursue a hare.
We happiness pursue; we fly from pain. --Prior.
The happiness of men lies in purswing,
Not in possessing. --Longfellow.
2. To seek; to use or adopt measures to obtain; as, to pursue
a remedy at law.
The fame of ancient matrons you pursue. --Dryden.
3. To proceed along, with a view to some and or object; to
follow; to go in; as, Captain Cook pursued a new route;
the administration pursued a wise course.
4. To prosecute; to be engaged in; to continue. “ Insatiate
to pursue vain war.” --Milton.
5. To follow as an example; to imitate.
6. To follow with enmity; to persecute; to call to account.
The servant is not greater than his lord. If they
have pursued me, they shall pursue you also.
Syn: To follow; chase; seek; persist. See Follow.