Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Pursued(0.01562 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Pursued.
English → Indonesian (quick)
memburu, memburui, mengejar
English → English (WordNet)
adj : followed with enmity as if to harm; “running and leaping
like a herd of pursued antelopes”
n : a person who is being chased; “the film jumped back and
forth from the pursuer to the pursued” [syn: chased]
English → English (gcide)
Pursue \Pur*sue"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pursued; p. pr. & vb.
n. Pursuing.] [OE. pursuen, porsuen, OF. porsivre,
poursuivre, poursuir, F. poursuivre, fr. L. prosequi; pro
forward + sequi to follow. See Sue, and cf. Prosecute,
1. To follow with a view to overtake; to follow eagerly, or
with haste; to chase; as, to pursue a hare.
We happiness pursue; we fly from pain. --Prior.
The happiness of men lies in purswing,
Not in possessing. --Longfellow.
2. To seek; to use or adopt measures to obtain; as, to pursue
a remedy at law.
The fame of ancient matrons you pursue. --Dryden.
3. To proceed along, with a view to some and or object; to
follow; to go in; as, Captain Cook pursued a new route;
the administration pursued a wise course.
4. To prosecute; to be engaged in; to continue. “ Insatiate
to pursue vain war.” --Milton.
5. To follow as an example; to imitate.
6. To follow with enmity; to persecute; to call to account.
The servant is not greater than his lord. If they
have pursued me, they shall pursue you also.
Syn: To follow; chase; seek; persist. See Follow.