Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: preceding(0.00916 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to preceding.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: existing or coming before [syn: preceding(a)] [ant: succeeding(a)]
2: preceding in time or order [syn: antecedent] [ant: subsequent]
3: of a person who has held and relinquished a position or
office; “a retiring member of the board” [syn: past(a),
English → English (gcide)
Precede \Pre*cede"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Preceded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Preceding.] [L. praecedere, praecessum; prae before
+ cedere to go, to be in motion: cf. F. pr['e]ceder. See
Pre-, and Cede.]
1. To go before in order of time; to occur first with
relation to anything. “Harm precedes not sin.” --Milton.
2. To go before in place, rank, or importance.
3. To cause to be preceded; to preface; to introduce; -- used
with by or with before the instrumental object. [R.]
It is usual to precede hostilities by a public
Preceding \Pre*ced"ing\, a.
1. Going before; -- opposed to following.
2. (Astron.) In the direction toward which stars appear to
move. See Following, 2.