Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: incarnation(0.01090 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to incarnation.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a new personification of a familiar idea; “the embodiment of
hope”; “the incarnation of evil”; “the very avatar of
cunning” [syn: embodiment, avatar]
2: (Christianity) the Christian doctrine of the union of God
and man in the person of Jesus Christ
3: time passed in a particular bodily form; “he believes that
his life will be better in his next incarnation”
4: the act of attributing human characteristics to abstract
ideas etc. [syn: personification]
English → English (gcide)
Incarnation \In`car*na"tion\, n. [F. incarnation, LL.
1. The act of clothing with flesh, or the state of being so
clothed; the act of taking, or being manifested in, a
human body and nature.
2. (Theol.) The union of the second person of the Godhead
with manhood in Christ.
3. An incarnate form; a personification; a manifestation; a
reduction to apparent from; a striking exemplification in
person or act.
She is a new incarnation of some of the illustrious
The very incarnation of selfishness. --F. W.
4. A rosy or red color; flesh color; carnation. [Obs.]
5. (Med.) The process of healing wounds and filling the part
with new flesh; granulation.