Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: immunological tolerance (0.00752 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to immunological tolerance.
English → English
Definition: immunological tolerance
, n. [L. tolerantia: cf. F.
1. The power or capacity of enduring; the act of enduring;
Diogenes, one frosty morning, came into the market
place, shaking, to show his tolerance. --Bacon.
2. The endurance of the presence or actions of objectionable
persons, or of the expression of offensive opinions;
3. (Med.) The power possessed or acquired by some persons of
bearing doses of medicine which in ordinary cases would
prove injurious or fatal.
4. (Forestry) Capability of growth in more or less shade.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
5. the allowed amount of variation from the standard or from
exact conformity to the specified dimensions, weight,
hardness, voltage etc., in various mechanical or
electrical devices or operations; -- caklled also
specif.: (Coinage) The amount which coins,
either singly or in lots, are legally allowed to vary
above or below the standard of weight or fineness.
[Webster 1913 Suppl. +PJC]
6. (Biochemistry) the capacity to resist the deleterious
action of a chemical agent normally harmful to the
organism; as, the acquired tolerance of bacteria to
7. (Immunology) the acquired inability to respond with an
immune reaction to an antigen to which the organism
normally responds; -- called also immunotolerance
, or immune tolerance
tolerance may be induced by exposing an animal to the
antigen at a very early stage of life, prior to maturation
of the immune system, or, in adults, by exposing the
animal to repeated low doses of a weak protein antigen
), or to a large amount of an antigen
Tolerance of the mint
. (Coinage) Same as Remedy of the mint
. See under Remedy