Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: hurl(0.01044 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to hurl.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a violent throw [syn: cast]
v 1: throw forcefully [syn: hurtle, cast]
2: make a thrusting forward movement [syn: lunge, hurtle, thrust]
3: utter with force; utter vehemently; “hurl insults”; “throw
accusations at someone” [syn: throw]
English → English (gcide)
Hurl \Hurl\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Hurled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Hurling.] [OE. hurlen, hourlen; prob. contracted fr. OE.
hurtlen to hurtle, or probably akin to E. whirl. [root]16.
1. To send whirling or whizzing through the air; to throw
with violence; to drive with great force; as, to hurl a
stone or lance.
And hurl'd them headlong to their fleet and main.
2. To emit or utter with vehemence or impetuosity; as, to
hurl charges or invective. --Spenser.
3. [Cf. Whirl.] To twist or turn. “Hurled or crooked
feet.” [Obs.] --Fuller.
Hurl \Hurl\, v. i.
1. To hurl one's self; to go quickly. [R.]
2. To perform the act of hurling something; to throw
something (at another).
God shall hurl at him and not spare. --Job xxvii.
22 (Rev. Ver.
3. To play the game of hurling. See Hurling.
Hurl \Hurl\, n.
1. The act of hurling or throwing with violence; a cast; a
2. Tumult; riot; hurly-burly. [Obs.] --Knolles.
3. (Hat Manuf.) A table on which fiber is stirred and mixed
by beating with a bowspring.