Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: gedd(0.01002 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to gedd.
English → English (gcide)
Pike \Pike\, n. [F. pique; perhaps of Celtic origin; cf. W. pig
a prick, a point, beak, Arm. pik pick. But cf. also L. picus
woodpecker (see Pie magpie), and E. spike. Cf. Pick, n. &
v., Peak, Pique.]
1. (Mil.) A foot soldier's weapon, consisting of a long
wooden shaft or staff, with a pointed steel head. It is
now superseded by the bayonet.
2. A pointed head or spike; esp., one in the center of a
shield or target. --Beau. & Fl.
3. A hayfork. [Obs. or Prov. Eng.] --Tusser.
4. A pick. [Prov. Eng.] --Wright. Raymond.
5. A pointed or peaked hill. [R.]
6. A large haycock. [Prov. Eng.] --Halliwell.
7. A turnpike; a toll bar. --Dickens.
8. (Zo["o]l.) sing. & pl. A large fresh-water fish (Esox lucius
), found in Europe and America, highly valued as a
food fish; -- called also pickerel, gedd, luce, and
Note: Blue pike, grass pike, green pike, wall-eyed pike, and
yellow pike, are names, not of true pike, but of the
wall-eye. See Wall-eye.
Gar pike. See under Gar.
Pike perch (Zo["o]l.), any fresh-water fish of the genus
Stizostedion (formerly Lucioperca). See Wall-eye,
Pike pole, a long pole with a pike in one end, used in
directing floating logs.
Pike whale (Zo["o]l.), a finback whale of the North
Atlantic (Bal[ae]noptera rostrata), having an elongated
snout; -- called also piked whale.
Sand pike (Zo["o]l.), the lizard fish.
Sea pike (Zo["o]l.), the garfish