Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: fleece(0.01093 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to fleece.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the wool of a sheep or similar animal
2: tanned skin of a sheep with the fleece left on; used for
clothing [syn: sheepskin]
3: a soft bulky fabric with deep pile; used chiefly for
4: outer coat of especially sheep and yaks [syn: wool]
v 1: rip off; ask an unreasonable price [syn: overcharge, soak,
surcharge, gazump, plume, pluck, rob, hook]
2: shear the wool from; “shear sheep” [syn: shear]
English → English (gcide)
Fleece \Fleece\ (fl[=e]s), n. [OE. flees, AS. fle['o]s; akin to
D. flies, vlies.]
1. The entire coat of wool that covers a sheep or other
similar animal; also, the quantity shorn from a sheep, or
animal, at one time.
Who shore me
Like a tame wether, all my precious fleece.
2. Any soft woolly covering resembling a fleece.
3. (Manuf.) The fine web of cotton or wool removed by the
doffing knife from the cylinder of a carding machine.
Fleece wool, wool shorn from the sheep.
Golden fleece. See under Golden.
Fleece \Fleece\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fleeced; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To deprive of a fleece, or natural covering of wool.
2. To strip of money or other property unjustly, especially
by trickery or fraud; to bring to straits by oppressions
Whilst pope and prince shared the wool betwixt them,
the people were finely fleeced. --Fuller.
3. To spread over as with wool. [R.] --Thomson.