Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: breech(0.01249 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to breech.
English → English (WordNet)
n : opening in the rear of the barrel of a gun where bullets can
be loaded [syn: rear of barrel, rear of tube]
English → English (gcide)
Breech \Breech\ (br[=e]ch or br[i^]ch; 277), n. [See
1. The lower part of the body behind; the buttocks.
2. Breeches. [Obs.] --Shak.
3. The hinder part of anything; esp., the part of a cannon,
or other firearm, behind the chamber.
4. (Naut.) The external angle of knee timber, the inside of
which is called the throat.
Breech \Breech\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Breeched; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To put into, or clothe with, breeches.
A great man . . . anxious to know whether the
blacksmith's youngest boy was breeched. --Macaulay.
2. To cover as with breeches. [Poetic]
Their daggers unmannerly breeched with gore. --Shak.
3. To fit or furnish with a breech; as, to breech a gun.
4. To whip on the breech. [Obs.]
Had not a courteous serving man conveyed me away,
whilst he went to fetch whips, I think, in my
conscience, he would have breeched me. --Old Play.
5. To fasten with breeching.