Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: aerial(0.01120 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to aerial.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: in or belonging to the air or operating (for or by means of
aircraft or elevated cables) in the air; “aerial
particles”; “small aerial creatures such as
butterflies”; “aerial warfare”; “aerial photography”;
“aerial cable cars”
2: growing in air; “aerial roots of a philodendron”
3: characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as
impalpable or intangible as air; “figures light and
aeriform come unlooked for and melt away”- Thomas Carlyle;
“aerial fancies”; “an airy apparition”; “physical rather
than ethereal forms” [syn: aeriform, airy, aery, ethereal]
n 1: a pass to a receiver downfield from the passer [syn: forward pass
2: an electrical device that sends or receives radio or
television signals [syn: antenna, transmitting aerial]
English → English (gcide)
aerial \aerial\, Aerial \A*["e]"ri*al\, a. [L. a["e]rius. See
1. Of or pertaining to the air, or atmosphere; inhabiting or
frequenting the air; produced by or found in the air;
performed in the air; as, a["e]rial regions or currents;
the a["e]rial maneuvers of a fighter plane. ``A["e]rial
spirits.'' --Milton. ``A["e]rial voyages.'' --Darwin.
2. Consisting of air; resembling, or partaking of the nature
of air. Hence: Unsubstantial; unreal.
3. Rising aloft in air; high; lofty; as, a["e]rial spires.
4. Growing, forming, living, or existing in the air, as
opposed to growing or existing in earth or water, or
underground; as, a["e]rial rootlets, a["e]rial plants; the
aerial roots of a philodendron. --Gray.
5. Light as air; ethereal.
6. operating or operated overhead especially on elevated
cables. aerial conveyers for transporting raw materials
7. operating or moving in the air. an aerial cable car;
Aerial acid, carbonic acid. [Obs.] --Ure.
Aerial perspective. See Perspective.
aerial \aerial\ n.
1. (Football) a pass to a receiver downfield from the passer.
Syn: forward pass
2. a metallic wire, rod, or combination of rods connected to
an electronic device, designed to send or receive radio or