Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To truss up (0.02041 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To truss up.
English → English
Definition: To truss up
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Trussed
; p. pr. & vb. n.
.] [F. trousser. See Truss
1. To bind or pack close; to tie up tightly; to make into a
It [his hood] was trussed up in his wallet.
2. To take fast hold of; to seize and hold firmly; to pounce
Who trussing me as eagle doth his prey. --Spenser.
3. To strengthen or stiffen, as a beam or girder, by means of
a brace or braces.
4. To skewer; to make fast, as the wings of a fowl to the
body in cooking it.
5. To execute by hanging; to hang; -- usually with up.
[Slang.] --Sir W. Scott.
To truss a person
or To truss one's self
, to adjust and
fasten the clothing of; especially, to draw tight and tie
the laces of garments. [Obs.] “Enter Honeysuckle, in his
nightcap, trussing himself.”
--J. Webster (1607).
To truss up
, to strain; to make close or tight.
, a beam which is stiffened by a system of
braces constituting a truss of which the beam is a chord.