Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Trussing (0.01113 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Trussing.
English → Indonesian
English → English
n 1: (medicine) a bandage consisting of a pad and belt; worn to
hold a hernia in place by pressure
2: a framework of beams forming a rigid structure (as a roof
3: (architecture) a triangular bracket of brick or stone
(usually of slight extent) [syn: corbel
v 1: tie the wings and legs of a bird before cooking it
2: secure with or as if with ropes; “tie down the prisoners”
“tie up the old newspapes and bring them to the recycling
[syn: tie down
, tie up
3: support structurally; “truss the roofs”
; “trussed bridges”
English → English
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Trussed
; p. pr. & vb. n.
.] [F. trousser. See Truss
1. To bind or pack close; to tie up tightly; to make into a
It [his hood] was trussed up in his wallet.
2. To take fast hold of; to seize and hold firmly; to pounce
Who trussing me as eagle doth his prey. --Spenser.
3. To strengthen or stiffen, as a beam or girder, by means of
a brace or braces.
4. To skewer; to make fast, as the wings of a fowl to the
body in cooking it.
5. To execute by hanging; to hang; -- usually with up.
[Slang.] --Sir W. Scott.
To truss a person
or To truss one's self
, to adjust and
fasten the clothing of; especially, to draw tight and tie
the laces of garments. [Obs.] “Enter Honeysuckle, in his
nightcap, trussing himself.”
--J. Webster (1607).
To truss up
, to strain; to make close or tight.
, a beam which is stiffened by a system of
braces constituting a truss of which the beam is a chord.
1. (Arch. & Engin.) The timbers, etc., which form a truss,
taken collectively. --Weale.
2. (Arch. & Engin.) The art of stiffening or bracing a set of
timbers, or the like, by putting in struts, ties, etc.,
till it has something of the character of a truss.
3. The act of a hawk, or other bird of prey, in seizing its
quarry, and soaring with it into air. [Obs.]