Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To make a choice of (0.00833 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To make a choice of.
English → English
Definition: To make a choice of
(chois), n. [OE. chois, OF. chois, F. choix, fr.
choisir to choose; of German origin; cf. Goth. kausjan to
examine, kiusan to choose, examine, G. kiesen. [root]46. Cf.
1. Act of choosing; the voluntary act of selecting or
separating from two or more things that which is
preferred; the determination of the mind in preferring one
thing to another; election.
2. The power or opportunity of choosing; option.
Choice there is not, unless the thing which we take
be so in our power that we might have refused it.
3. Care in selecting; judgment or skill in distinguishing
what is to be preferred, and in giving a preference;
I imagine they [the apothegms of C[ae]sar] were
collected with judgment and choice. --Bacon.
4. A sufficient number to choose among. --Shak.
5. The thing or person chosen; that which is approved and
selected in preference to others; selection.
The common wealth is sick of their own choice.
6. The best part; that which is preferable.
The flower and choice
Of many provinces from bound to bound. --Milton.
To make a choice of
, to choose; to select; to separate and
take in preference.
Syn: Syn. - See Volition