Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To look in the face (0.00825 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To look in the face.
English → English
Definition: To look in the face
, v. t.
1. To look at; to turn the eyes toward.
2. To seek; to search for. [Obs.]
Looking my love, I go from place to place.
3. To expect. [Obs.] --Shak.
4. To influence, overawe, or subdue by looks or presence as,
to look down opposition.
A spirit fit to start into an empire,
And look the world to law. --Dryden.
5. To express or manifest by a look.
Soft eyes looked love to eyes which spake again.
To look daggers
. See under Dagger
To look in the face
, to face or meet with boldness or
confidence; hence, sometimes, to meet for combat.
To look out
, to seek for; to search out; as, prudent
persons look out associates of good reputation.