Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To spread cloth(0.01528 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To spread cloth.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To spread cloth
Spread \Spread\ (spr[e^]d), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Spread; p. pr.
& vb. n. Spreading.] [OE. spreden, AS. spr[ae]dan; akin to
D. spreiden, spreijen, LG. spreden, spreen, spreien, G.
spreiten, Dan. sprede, Sw. sprida. Cf. Spray water flying
1. To extend in length and breadth, or in breadth only; to
stretch or expand to a broad or broader surface or extent;
to open; to unfurl; as, to spread a carpet; to spread a
tent or a sail.
He bought a parcel of a field where he had spread
his tent. --Gen. xxxiii.
Here the Rhone
Hath spread himself a couch. --Byron.
2. To extend so as to cover something; to extend to a great
or greater extent in every direction; to cause to fill or
cover a wide or wider space.
Rose, as in a dance, the stately trees, and spread
Their branches hung with copious fruit. --Milton.
3. To divulge; to publish, as news or fame; to cause to be
more extensively known; to disseminate; to make known
fully; as, to spread a report; -- often accompanied by
They, when they were departed, spread abroad his
fame in all that country. --Matt. ix.
4. To propagate; to cause to affect great numbers; as, to
spread a disease.
5. To diffuse, as emanations or effluvia; to emit; as,
odoriferous plants spread their fragrance.
6. To strew; to scatter over a surface; as, to spread manure;
to spread lime on the ground.
7. To prepare; to set and furnish with provisions; as, to
spread a table.
Boiled the flesh, and spread the board. --Tennyson.
To spread cloth, to unfurl sail. [Obs.] --Evelyn.
Syn: To diffuse; propagate; disperse; publish; distribute;
scatter; circulate; disseminate; dispense.