Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Resolute(0.00897 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Resolute.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: firm in purpose or belief; characterized by firmness and
determination; “stood resolute against the enemy”;
“faced with a resolute opposition”; “a resolute and
unshakeable faith” [ant: irresolute]
2: characterized by quickness and firmness; “his reply was
unhesitating” [syn: unhesitating]
English → English (gcide)
Resolute \Res"o*lute\ (r?z"?-l?t), a. [Cf. F. r['e]solu. The L.
resolutus (p. p. of resolvere) means, relaxed, enervated,
effeminate. See Resolve, v. t. & i.]
1. Having a decided purpose; determined; resolved; fixed in a
determination; hence, bold; firm; steady.
Edward is at hand,
Ready to fight; therefore be resolute. --Shak.
2. Convinced; satisfied; sure. [Obs.]
3. Resolving, or explaining; as, the Resolute Doctor Durand.
Syn: Determined; decided; fixed; steadfast; steady; constant;
persevering; firm; bold; unshaken.
Resolute \Res"o*lute\ (r?z"?-l?t), n.
1. One who is resolute; hence, a desperado. [Obs.] --Shak.
2. Redelivery; repayment. [Obs.] “Yearly resolutes,
deductions, and payments.” --Bp. Burnet.