Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Prostrate(0.01241 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Prostrate.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: stretched out and lying at full length along the ground;
“found himself lying flat on the floor” [syn: flat]
2: lying face downward [syn: prone]
v 1: get into a prostrate position, as in submission [syn: bow down
2: render helpless or defenseless; “They prostrated the enemy”
3: throw down flat, as on the ground; “She prostrated herself
with frustration” English → English (gcide)
Prostrate \Pros"trate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Prostrated; p. pr.
& vb. n. Prostrating.]
1. To lay fiat; to throw down; to level; to fell; as, to
prostrate the body; to prostrate trees or plants.
2. to overthrow; to demolish; to destroy; to deprive of
efficiency; to ruin; as, to prostrate a village; to
prostrate a government; to prostrate law or justice.
3. To throw down, or cause to fall in humility or adoration;
to cause to bow in humble reverence; used reflexively; as,
he prostrated himself. --Milman.
4. To cause to sink totally; to deprive of strength; to
reduce; as, a person prostrated by fever.
Prostrate \Pros"trate\, a. [L. prostratus, p. p. of prosternere
to prostrate; pro before, forward + sternere to spread out,
throw down. See Stratum.]
1. Lying at length, or with the body extended on the ground
or other surface; stretched out; as, to sleep prostrate.
Groveling and prostrate on yon lake of fire.
2. Lying at mercy, as a supplicant. --Dryden.
3. Lying in a humble, lowly, or suppliant posture.
Before him reverent, and there confess
Humbly our faults. --Milton.
4. (Bot.) Trailing on the ground; procumbent.