Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Priming(0.01246 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Priming.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the act of making something ready
2: any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a
propellant [syn: fuse, fuze, fusee, fuzee, primer]
3: the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a
surface [syn: flat coat, ground, primer, primer coat
, priming coat, undercoat]
English → English (gcide)
Prime \Prime\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Primed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Priming.] [From Prime, a.]
1. To apply priming to, as a musket or a cannon; to apply a
primer to, as a metallic cartridge.
2. To lay the first color, coating, or preparation upon (a
surface), as in painting; as, to prime a canvas, a wall.
3. To prepare; to make ready; to instruct beforehand; to
post; to coach; as, to prime a witness; the boys are
primed for mischief. [Colloq.] --Thackeray.
4. To trim or prune, as trees. [Obs. or Prov. Eng.]
5. (Math.) To mark with a prime mark.
To prime a pump, to charge a pump with water, in order to
put it in working condition.
Priming \Prim"ing\, n.
1. The powder or other combustible used to communicate fire
to a charge of gunpowder, as in a firearm.
2. (Paint.) The first coating of color, size, or the like,
laid on canvas, or on a building, or other surface.
3. (Steam Eng.) The carrying over of water, with the steam,
from the boiler, as into the cylinder.
Priming of the tide. See Lag of the tide, under 2d Lag.
Priming tube, a small pipe, filled with a combustible
composition for firing cannon.
Priming valve (Steam Eng.), a spring safety valve applied
to the cylinder of a steam engine for discharging water
carried into the cylinder by priming.
Priming wire, a pointed wire used to penetrate the vent of
a piece, for piercing the cartridge before priming.