Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Pause(0.00966 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Pause.
English → Indonesian (quick)
berhenti, istirahat, penundaan
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation
of something [syn: intermission, break, interruption,
2: temporary inactivity
v 1: interrupt temporarily an activity before continuing; “The
speaker paused” [syn: hesitate]
2: cease an action temporarily; “We pause for station
identification”; “let's break for lunch” [syn: intermit,
English → English (gcide)
Pause \Pause\, n. [F., fr. L. pausa. See Pose.]
1. A temporary stop or rest; an intermission of action;
interruption; suspension; cessation.
2. Temporary inaction or waiting; hesitation; suspence;
I stand in pause where I shall first begin. --Shak.
3. In speaking or reading aloud, a brief arrest or suspension
of voice, to indicate the limits and relations of
sentences and their parts.
4. In writing and printing, a mark indicating the place and
nature of an arrest of voice in reading; a punctuation
point; as, teach the pupil to mind the pauses.
5. A break or paragraph in writing.
He writes with warmth, which usually neglects
method, and those partitions and pauses which men
educated in schools observe. --Locke.
6. (Mus.) A hold. See 4th Hold, 7.
Syn: Stop; cessation; suspension.
Pause \Pause\, v. t.
To cause to stop or rest; -- used reflexively. [R.] --Shak.
Pause \Pause\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Paused; p. pr. & vb. n.
Pausing.] [Cf. F. pauser, L. pausare. See Pause, n.,
1. To make a short stop; to cease for a time; to intermit
speaking or acting; to stop; to wait; to rest. “Tarry,
pause a day or two.” --Shak.
Pausing while, thus to herself she mused. --Milton.
2. To be intermitted; to cease; as, the music pauses.
3. To hesitate; to hold back; to delay. [R.]
Why doth the Jew pause? Take thy forfeiture. --Shak.
4. To stop in order to consider; hence, to consider; to
reflect. [R.] “Take time to pause.” --Shak.
To pause upon, to deliberate concerning. --Shak.
Syn: To intermit; stop; stay; wait; delay; tarry; hesitate;