Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: intermission(0.01000 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to intermission.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the act of suspending activity temporarily
2: a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation
of something [syn: pause, break, interruption, suspension]
English → English (gcide)
Intermission \In`ter*mis"sion\, n. [L. intermissio: cf. F.
intermission. See Intermit.]
1. The act or the state of intermitting; the state of being
neglected or disused; disuse; discontinuance. --B. Jonson.
2. Cessation for a time; an intervening period of time; an
interval; a temporary pause; as, to labor without
intermission; an intermission of ten minutes.
Rest or intermission none I find. --Milton.
3. Specifically: The short period between acts of a play,
concert, opera, or other public performance when the
audience may leave their seats for refreshment; -- it
usually lasts from 10 to 20 minutes.
4. (Med.) The temporary cessation or subsidence of a fever;
the space of time between the paroxysms of a disease.
Intermission is an entire cessation, as distinguished from
remission, or abatement of fever.
5. Intervention; interposition. [Obs.] --Heylin.
Syn: Cessation; interruption; interval; pause; stop; rest;
suspension. See Cessation.