Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Notching(0.01192 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Notching.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a V-shaped indentation; “mandibular notch”
2: the location in a range of mountains of a geological
formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks; “we
got through the pass before it started to snow” [syn: pass,
3: a V-shaped or U-shaped indentation carved or scratched into
a surface; “there were four notches in the handle of his
4: a small cut [syn: nick, snick]
v 1: cut or make a notch into; “notch the rope”
2: notch a surface to record something
English → English (gcide)
Notching \Notch"ing\, n.
1. The act of making notches; the act of cutting into small
2. The small hollow, or hollows, cut; a notch or notches.
3. (Carp.) A method of joining timbers, scantling, etc., by
notching them, as at the ends, and overlapping or
interlocking the notched portions.
4. (Engin.) A method of excavating, as in a bank, by a series
of cuttings side by side. See also Gulleting.
Notch \Notch\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Notched (n[o^]cht); p. pr.
& vb. n. Notching.]
1. To cut or make notches in; to indent; also, to score by
notches; as, to notch a stick.
2. To fit the notch of (an arrow) to the string.
God is all sufferance; here he doth show
No arrow notched, only a stringless bow. --Herrick.