Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Mandarin language(0.01546 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Mandarin language.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Mandarin language
Mandarin \Man`da*rin"\, n. [Pg. mandarim, from Malay mantr[=i]
minister of state, prop. a Hind. word, fr. Skr. mantrin a
counselor, manira a counsel, man to think.]
1. A Chinese public officer or nobleman; a civil or military
official in China and Annam.
2. Hence: A powerful government official or bureaucrat,
especially one who is pedantic and has a strong sense of
his own importance and privelege.
3. Hence: A member of an influential, powerful or elite
group, espcially within artistic or intellectual circles;
-- used especially of elder members who are traditionalist
or conservative about their specialties.
5. The form of the Chinese language spoken by members of the
Chinese Imperial Court an officials of the empire.
6. Any of several closely related dialects of the Chinese
language spoken by a mojority of the population of China,
the standard variety of which is spoken in the region
7. (Bot.) A small flattish reddish-orange loose-skinned
orange, with an easily separable rind. It is thought to be
of Chinese origin, and is counted a distinct species
(Citrus reticulata formerly Citrus nobilis); called
also mandarin orange and tangerine.
Mandarin language, the spoken or colloquial language of
educated people in China.
Mandarin yellow (Chem.), an artificial aniline dyestuff
used for coloring silk and wool, and regarded as a complex
derivative of quinoline.