Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Lost motion (0.00725 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Lost motion.
English → English
Definition: Lost motion
, a. [Prop. p. p. of OE. losien. See Lose
, v. t.]
1. Parted with unwillingly or unintentionally; not to be
found; missing; as, a lost book or sheep.
2. Parted with; no longer held or possessed; as, a lost limb;
3. Not employed or enjoyed; thrown away; employed
ineffectually; wasted; squandered; as, a lost day; a lost
opportunity or benefit.
5. Having wandered from, or unable to find, the way;
bewildered; perplexed; as, a child lost in the woods; a
stranger lost in London.
6. Ruined or destroyed, either physically or morally; past
help or hope; as, a ship lost at sea; a woman lost to
virtue; a lost soul.
7. Hardened beyond sensibility or recovery; alienated;
insensible; as, lost to shame; lost to all sense of honor.
8. Not perceptible to the senses; no longer visible; as, an
island lost in a fog; a person lost in a crowd.
9. Occupied with, or under the influence of, something, so as
to be insensible of external things; as, to be lost in
(Mach.), the difference between the motion of a
driver and that of a follower, due to the yielding of
parts or looseness of joints.