Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Load line(0.01056 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Load line.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: load line
n : waterlines to show the level the water should reach when the
ship is properly loaded [syn: Plimsoll line, Plimsoll mark
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Load line
Load \Load\ (l[=o]d), n. [OE. lode load, way; properly the same
word as lode, but confused with lade, load, v. See Lade,
Lead, v., Lode.]
1. A burden; that which is laid on or put in anything for
conveyance; that which is borne or sustained; a weight;
as, a heavy load.
He might such a load
To town with his ass carry. --Gower.
2. The quantity which can be carried or drawn in some
specified way; the contents of a cart, barrow, or vessel;
that which will constitute a cargo; lading.
3. That which burdens, oppresses, or grieves the mind or
spirits; as, a load of care. “ A . . . load of guilt.”
--Ray. “ Our life's a load.” --Dryden.
4. A particular measure for certain articles, being as much
as may be carried at one time by the conveyance commonly
used for the article measured; as, a load of wood; a load
of hay; specifically, five quarters.
5. The charge of a firearm; as, a load of powder.
6. Weight or violence of blows. [Obs.] --Milton.
7. (Mach.) The work done by a steam engine or other prime
mover when working.
8. The amount of work that a person, group, or machine is
assigned to perform; as, the boss distributed the load
evenly among his employees.
9. (Elec.) The device or devices that consume power from a
10. (Engineering) The weight or force that a structural
support bears or is designed to bear; the object that
creates that force.
Load line, or Load water line (Naut.), the line on the
outside of a vessel indicating the depth to which it sinks
in the water when loaded.
Syn: Burden; lading; weight; cargo. See Burden.