Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Lade(0.01094 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Lade.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: remove with or as if with a ladle; “ladle the water out of
the bowl” [syn: ladle, laden]
2: fill or place a load on; “load a car”; “load the truck with
hay” [syn: load, laden, load up]
English → English (gcide)
Lade \Lade\ (l[=a]d), v. t. [imp. Laded; p. p. Laded,
Laden (l[=a]d'n); p. pr. & vb. n. Lading.] [AS. hladan to
heap, load, draw (water); akin to D. & G. laden to load, OHG.
hladan, ladan, Icel. hla[eth]a, Sw. ladda, Dan. lade, Goth.
afhla[thorn]an. Cf. Load, Ladle, Lathe for turning,
Last a load.]
1. To load; to put a burden or freight on or in; -- generally
followed by that which receives the load, as the direct
And they laded their asses with the corn. --Gen.
2. To throw in or out, with a ladle or dipper; to dip; as, to
lade water out of a tub, or into a cistern.
And chides the sea that sunders him from thence,
Saying, he'll lade it dry to have his way. --Shak.
3. (Plate Glass Manuf.) To transfer (the molten glass) from
the pot to the forming table.
Lade \Lade\, v. i. [See Lade, v. t.]
1. To draw water. [Obs.]
2. (Naut.) To admit water by leakage, as a ship, etc.
Lade \Lade\, n. [Prov. E., a ditch or drain. Cf. Lode, Lead
1. The mouth of a river. [Obs.] --Bp. Gibson.
2. A passage for water; a ditch or drain. [Prov. Eng.]