Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Interior crest(0.00832 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Interior crest.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Interior crest
Crest \Crest\ (kr[e^]st), n. [OF. creste, F. cr[^e]te, L.
1. A tuft, or other excrescence or natural ornament, growing
on an animal's head; the comb of a cock; the swelling on
the head of a serpent; the lengthened feathers of the
crown or nape of bird, etc. --Darwin.
[Attack] his rising crest, and drive the serpent
back. --C. Pitt.
2. The plume of feathers, or other decoration, worn on a
helmet; the distinctive ornament of a helmet, indicating
the rank of the wearer; hence, also, the helmet.
Stooping low his lofty crest. --Sir W.
And on his head there stood upright
A crest, in token of a knight. --Gower.
3. (Her.) A bearing worn, not upon the shield, but usually
above it, or separately as an ornament for plate,
liveries, and the like. It is a relic of the ancient
cognizance. See Cognizance, 4.
4. The upper curve of a horse's neck.
Throwing the base thong from his bending crest.
5. The ridge or top of a wave.
Like wave with crest of sparkling foam. --Sir W.
6. The summit of a hill or mountain ridge.
7. The helm or head, as typical of a high spirit; pride;
Now the time is come
That France must vail her lofty plumed crest.
8. (Arch.) The ornamental finishing which surmounts the ridge
of a roof, canopy, etc.
The finials of gables and pinnacles are sometimes
called crests. --Parker.
9. (Engin.) The top line of a slope or embankment.
Crest tile, a tile made to cover the ridge of a roof,
fitting upon it like a saddle.
Interior crest (Fort.), the highest line of the parapet.