Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: FEEDING(0.02133 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to FEEDING.
English → Indonesian (quick)
memberi makan, menyumpal
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the act of consuming food [syn: eating]
2: the act of supplying food and nourishment [syn: alimentation]
English → English (gcide)
Feed \Feed\ (f[=e]d), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fed (f[e^]d); p. pr.
& vb. n. Feeding.] [AS. f[=e]dan, fr. f[=o]da food; akin to
OS. f[=o]dian, OFries. f[=e]da, f[=o]da, D. voeden, OHG.
fuottan, Icel. f[ae][eth]a, Sw. f["o]da, Dan. f["o]de.
[root]75. See Food.]
1. To give food to; to supply with nourishment; to satisfy
the physical huger of.
If thine enemy hunger, feed him. --Rom. xii.
Unreasonable creatures feed their young. --Shak.
2. To satisfy; gratify or minister to, as any sense, talent,
taste, or desire.
I will feed fat the ancient grudge I bear him.
Feeding him with the hope of liberty. --Knolles.
3. To fill the wants of; to supply with that which is used or
wasted; as, springs feed ponds; the hopper feeds the mill;
to feed a furnace with coal.
4. To nourish, in a general sense; to foster, strengthen,
develop, and guard.
Thou shalt feed my people Israel. --2 Sam. v. 2.
Mightiest powers by deepest calms are fed. --B.
5. To graze; to cause to be cropped by feeding, as herbage by
cattle; as, if grain is too forward in autumn, feed it
Once in three years feed your mowing lands.
6. To give for food, especially to animals; to furnish for
consumption; as, to feed out turnips to the cows; to feed
water to a steam boiler.
(a) To supply (the material to be operated upon) to a
machine; as, to feed paper to a printing press.
(b) To produce progressive operation upon or with (as in
wood and metal working machines, so that the work
moves to the cutting tool, or the tool to the work).
Feeding \Feed"ing\, n.
1. the act of eating, or of supplying with food; the process
2. That which is eaten; food.
3. That which furnishes or affords food, especially for
animals; pasture land.
Feeding bottle. See under Bottle.