Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Extended letter (0.01598 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Extended letter.
English → English
Definition: Extended letter
([e^]ks*t[e^]nd"), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
; p. pr. & vb. n. Extending
.] [L. extendere,
extentum, extensum; ex out + tendere to stretch. See
1. To stretch out; to prolong in space; to carry forward or
continue in length; as, to extend a line in surveying; to
extend a cord across the street.
Few extend their thoughts toward universal
2. To enlarge, as a surface or volume; to expand; to spread;
to amplify; as, to extend metal plates by hammering or
3. To enlarge; to widen; to carry out further; as, to extend
the capacities, the sphere of usefulness, or commerce; to
extend power or influence; to continue, as time; to
lengthen; to prolong; as, to extend the time of payment or
a season of trial.
4. To hold out or reach forth, as the arm or hand.
His helpless hand extend. --Dryden.
5. To bestow; to offer; to impart; to apply; as, to extend
sympathy to the suffering.
6. To increase in quantity by weakening or adulterating
additions; as, to extend liquors. --G. P. Burnham.
7. (Eng. Law) To value, as lands taken by a writ of extent in
satisfaction of a debt; to assign by writ of extent.
(Typog.), a letter, or style of type,
having a broader face than is usual for a letter or type
of the same height.
Note: This is extended type.
Syn: To increase; enlarge; expand; widen; diffuse. See