Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Channel goose (0.01085 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Channel goose.
English → English
Definition: Channel goose
(ch[a^]n"n[e^]l), n. [OE. chanel, canel, OF.
chanel, F. chenel, fr. L. canalis. See Canal
1. The hollow bed where a stream of water runs or may run.
2. The deeper part of a river, harbor, strait, etc., where
the main current flows, or which affords the best and
safest passage for vessels.
3. (Geog.) A strait, or narrow sea, between two portions of
lands; as, the British Channel.
4. That through which anything passes; a means of passing,
conveying, or transmitting; as, the news was conveyed to
us by different channels.
The veins are converging channels. --Dalton.
At best, he is but a channel to convey to the
National assembly such matter as may import that
body to know. --Burke.
5. A gutter; a groove, as in a fluted column.
6. pl. [Cf. Chain wales
.] (Naut.) Flat ledges of heavy
plank bolted edgewise to the outside of a vessel, to
increase the spread of the shrouds and carry them clear of
7. pl. official routes of communication, especially the
official means by which information should be transmitted
in a bureaucracy; as, to submit a request through
channels; you have to go through channels.
8. a band of electromagnetic wave frequencies that is used
for one-way or two-way radio communication; especially,
the frequency bands assigned by the FTC for use in
television broadcasting, and designated by a specific
number; as, channel 2 in New York is owned by CBS.
9. one of the signals in an electronic device which receives
or sends more than one signal simultaneously, as in
stereophonic radios, records, or CD players, or in
measuring equipment which gathers multiple measurements
10. (Cell biology) an opening in a cell membrane which serves
to actively transport or allow passive transport of
substances across the membrane; as, an ion channel in a
11. (Computers) a path for transmission of signals between
devices within a computer or between a computer and an
external device; as, a DMA channel.
, Channel iron
(Arch.), an iron bar or beam
having a section resembling a flat gutter or channel.
(Zo["o]l.), a very large Australian cuckoo
. (Zo["o]l.) See Gannet