Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Bound bailiff (0.02272 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Bound bailiff.
English → English
Definition: Bound bailiff
, p. p. & a.
1. Restrained by a hand, rope, chain, fetters, or the like.
2. Inclosed in a binding or cover; as, a bound volume.
3. Under legal or moral restraint or obligation.
4. Constrained or compelled; destined; certain; -- followed
by the infinitive; as, he is bound to succeed; he is bound
5. Resolved; as, I am bound to do it. [Collog. U. S.]
6. Constipated; costive.
Note: Used also in composition; as, icebound, windbound,
(Eng. Law), a sheriff's officer who serves
writs, makes arrests, etc. The sheriff being answerable
for the bailiff's misdemeanors, the bailiff is usually
under bond for the faithful discharge of his trust.
Bound up in
, entirely devoted to; inseparable from.