Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Blackfish(0.01095 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Blackfish.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: large dark-colored food fish of the Atlantic coast of North
America [syn: tautog, Tautoga onitis]
2: female salmon that has recently spawned
3: small dark-colored whale of the Atlantic coast of the United
States; the largest male acts as pilot or leader for the
school [syn: pilot whale, black whale, common blackfish
, Globicephala melaena]
[also: blackfishes (pl)]
English → English (gcide)
Blackfish \Black"fish\, n.
1. (Zo["o]l.) A small kind of whale, of the genus
Globicephalus, of several species. The most common is
Globicephalus melas. Also sometimes applied to other
whales of larger size.
2. (Zo["o]l.) The tautog of New England (Tautoga).
3. (Zo["o]l.) The black sea bass (Centropristis atrarius)
of the Atlantic coast. It is excellent food fish; --
locally called also black Harry.
4. (Zo["o]l.) A fish of southern Europe (Centrolophus pompilus
) of the Mackerel family.
5. (Zo["o]l.) The female salmon in the spawning season.
Note: The name is locally applied to other fishes.