Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: illumination(0.01060 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to illumination.
English → Indonesian (quick)
pencahayaan, penerangan, penyuluhan
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a condition of spiritual awareness; divine illumination;
“follow God's light” [syn: light]
2: the degree of visibility of your environment
3: an interpretation that removes obstacles to understanding;
“the professor's clarification helped her to understand
the textbook” [syn: clarification, elucidation]
4: the luminous flux incident on a unit area [syn: illuminance]
5: painting or drawing included in a book (especially in
illuminated medieval manuscripts) [syn: miniature]
English → English (gcide)
Illumination \Il*lu`mi*na"tion\, n. [L. illuminatio: cf. F.
1. The act of illuminating, or supplying with light; the
state of being illuminated.
2. Festive decoration of houses or buildings with lights.
3. Adornment of books and manuscripts with colored
illustrations. See Illuminate, v. t., 3.
4. That which is illuminated, as a house; also, an ornamented
book or manuscript.
5. That which illuminates or gives light; brightness;
splendor; especially, intellectual light or knowledge.
The illumination which a bright genius giveth to his
6. (Theol.) The special communication of knowledge to the
mind by God; inspiration.
Hymns and psalms . . . are framed by meditation
beforehand, or by prophetical illumination are