Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Beneath(0.01496 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Beneath.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adv : in or to a place that is lower [syn: below, at a lower place
, to a lower place] [ant: above]
English → English (gcide)
Beneath \Be*neath"\, prep. [OE. benethe, bineo[eth]en, AS.
beneo[eth]an, beny[eth]an; pref. be- + neo[eth]an, ny[eth]an,
downward, beneath, akin to E. nether. See Nether.]
1. Lower in place, with something directly over or on; under;
underneath; hence, at the foot of. “Beneath the mount.”
--Ex. xxxii. 19.
Beneath a rude and nameless stone he lies. --Pope.
2. Under, in relation to something that is superior, or that
oppresses or burdens.
Our country sinks beneath the yoke. --Shak.
3. Lower in rank, dignity, or excellence than; as, brutes are
beneath man; man is beneath angels in the scale of beings.
Hence: Unworthy of; unbecoming.
He will do nothing that is beneath his high station.
Beneath \Be*neath"\, adv.
1. In a lower place; underneath.
The earth you take from beneath will be barren.
2. Below, as opposed to heaven, or to any superior region or
position; as, in earth beneath.
[1913 Webster] ||