Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Apparel (0.00856 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Apparel.
English → English
n : clothing in general; “she was refined in her choice of
; “he always bought his clothes at the same
; “fastidious about his dress”
[syn: wearing apparel
v : provide with clothes or put clothes on; “Parents must feed
and dress their child”
, fit out
] [ant: undress
English → English
, n. [OE. apparel, apareil, OF. apareil,
appareil, preparation, provision, furniture, OF. apareiller
to match, prepare, F. appareiller; OF. a (L. ad) + pareil
like, similar, fr. LL. pariculus, dim. of L. par equal. See
1. External clothing; vesture; garments; dress; garb;
external habiliments or array.
Fresh in his new apparel, proud and young. --Denham.
At public devotion his resigned carriage made
religion appear in the natural apparel of
2. A small ornamental piece of embroidery worn on albs and
some other ecclesiastical vestments.
3. (Naut.) The furniture of a ship, as masts, sails, rigging,
anchors, guns, etc.
Syn: Dress; clothing; vesture; garments; raiment; garb;
costume; attire; habiliments.
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Appareled
; p. pr. & vb. n. Appareling
.] [OF. apareiller.]
1. To make or get (something) ready; to prepare. [Obs.]
2. To furnish with apparatus; to equip; to fit out.
Ships . . . appareled to fight. --Hayward.
3. To dress or clothe; to attire.
They which are gorgeously appareled, and live
delicately, are in kings' courts. --Luke vii.
4. To dress with external ornaments; to cover with something
ornamental; to deck; to embellish; as, trees appareled
with flowers, or a garden with verdure.
Appareled in celestial light. --Wordsworth.