Found 3 items, similar to choice.
English → Indonesian
English → English
adj 1: of superior grade; “choice wines”
; “prime beef”
; “quality paper”
; “select peaches”
2: appealing to refined taste; “choice wine”
n 1: the person or thing chosen or selected; “he was my pick for
2: the act of choosing or selecting; “your choice of colors was
; “you can take your pick”
3: one of a number of things from which only one can be chosen;
“what option did I have?”
; “there no other alternative”
“my only choice is to refuse”
English → English
(chois), n. [OE. chois, OF. chois, F. choix, fr.
choisir to choose; of German origin; cf. Goth. kausjan to
examine, kiusan to choose, examine, G. kiesen. [root]46. Cf.
1. Act of choosing; the voluntary act of selecting or
separating from two or more things that which is
preferred; the determination of the mind in preferring one
thing to another; election.
2. The power or opportunity of choosing; option.
Choice there is not, unless the thing which we take
be so in our power that we might have refused it.
3. Care in selecting; judgment or skill in distinguishing
what is to be preferred, and in giving a preference;
I imagine they [the apothegms of C[ae]sar] were
collected with judgment and choice. --Bacon.
4. A sufficient number to choose among. --Shak.
5. The thing or person chosen; that which is approved and
selected in preference to others; selection.
The common wealth is sick of their own choice.
6. The best part; that which is preferable.
The flower and choice
Of many provinces from bound to bound. --Milton.
To make a choice of
, to choose; to select; to separate and
take in preference.
Syn: Syn. - See Volition
, a. [Compar. Choicer
; superl. Choicest
1. Worthly of being chosen or preferred; select; superior;
My choicest hours of life are lost. --Swift.
2. Preserving or using with care, as valuable; frugal; --
used with of; as, to be choice of time, or of money.
3. Selected with care, and due attention to preference;
Choice word measured phrase. --Wordsworth.
Syn: Syn. - Select; precious; exquisite; uncommon; rare;