Found 1 items, similar to Plug centerbit.
English → English
Definition: Plug centerbit
, n. [Akin to D. plug, G. pflock, Dan. pl["o]k, plug,
Sw. plugg; cf. W. ploc.]
1. Any piece of wood, metal, or other substance used to stop
or fill a hole; a stopple.
2. A flat oblong cake of pressed tobacco. [U. S.]
3. A high, tapering silk hat. [Slang, U.S.]
4. A worthless horse. [Slang, U.S.]
5. (Building) A block of wood let into a wall, to afford a
hold for nails.
(Gun.), in breech-loading guns, the metal plug
or cylinder which closes the aperture in the breech,
through which the gun is loaded.
, a street hydrant to which hose may be attached.
(Naut.), a plug to stop a hawse hole.
Plug and feather
. (Stone Working) See Feather
, n., 7.
, a centerbit ending in a small cylinder
instead of a point, so as to follow and enlarge a hole
previously made, or to form a counterbore around it.
(Steam Eng.), a rod attached to the beam for
working the valves, as in the Cornish engine.
(Mech.), a tapering valve, which turns in a case
like the plug of a faucet.