Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: zest(0.01296 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to zest.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: vigorous and enthusiastic enjoyment [syn: gusto, relish,
2: a tart spiciness [syn: nip, piquance, piquancy, tang,
v : add herbs or spices to [syn: spice, spice up]
English → English (gcide)
Zest \Zest\, n. [F. zeste, probably fr. L. schistos split,
cleft, divided, Gr. ?, from ? to split, cleave. Cf.
1. A piece of orange or lemon peel, or the aromatic oil which
may be squeezed from such peel, used to give flavor to
2. Hence, something that gives or enhances a pleasant taste,
or the taste itself; an appetizer; also, keen enjoyment;
Almighty Vanity! to thee they owe
Their zest of pleasure, and their balm of woe.
Liberality of disposition and conduct gives the
highest zest and relish to social intercourse.
3. The woody, thick skin inclosing the kernel of a walnut.
Zest \Zest\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Zested; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To cut into thin slips, as the peel of an orange, lemon,
etc.; to squeeze, as peel, over the surface of anything.
2. To give a relish or flavor to; to heighten the taste or
relish of; as, to zest wine. --Gibber.