Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: wipe (0.00923 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to wipe.
English → Indonesian
gonyok, menyapu, menyeka
English → English
n : the act of rubbing or wiping; “he gave the hood a quick rub”
v : rub with a circular motion; “wipe the blackboard”
[syn: pass over
English → English
1. Act of rubbing, esp. in order to clean.
2. A blow; a stroke; a hit; a swipe. [Low]
3. A gibe; a jeer; a severe sarcasm. --Swift.
4. A handkerchief. [Thieves' Cant or Slang]
5. Stain; brand. [Obs.] “Slavish wipe.”
, n. [Cf. Sw. vipa, Dan. vibe, the lapwing.]
The lapwing. [Prov. Eng.]
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Wiped
; p. pr. & vb. n.
.] [OE. vipen, AS. w[=i]pian; cf. LG. wiep a wisp of
straw, Sw. vepa to wrap up, to cuddle one's self up, vepa a
blanket; perhaps akin to E. whip.]
1. To rub with something soft for cleaning; to clean or dry
by rubbing; as, to wipe the hands or face with a towel.
Let me wipe thy face. --Shak.
I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping
it, and turning it upside down. --2 Kings xxi.
2. To remove by rubbing; to rub off; to obliterate; --
usually followed by away, off or out. Also used
figuratively. “To wipe out our ingratitude.”
Some natural tears they dropped, but wiped them
3. To cheat; to defraud; to trick; -- usually followed by
out. [Obs.] --Spenser.
If they by coveyne [covin] or gile be wiped beside
their goods. --Robynson
To wipe a joint
(Plumbing), to make a joint, as between
pieces of lead pipe, by surrounding the junction with a
mass of solder, applied in a plastic condition by means of
a rag with which the solder is shaped by rubbing.
To wipe the nose of
, to cheat. [Old Slang]