Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: whitewash(0.01102 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to whitewash.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a defeat in which the losing person or team fails to score
2: wash consisting of lime and size in water; used for
whitening walls and other surfaces
3: a specious or deceptive clearing that attempts to gloss over
failings and defects
v 1: cover up a misdemeanor, fault, or error; “Let's not
whitewash the crimes of Stalin”; “She tried to gloss
over her mistakes” [syn: gloss over, sleek over, hush up
2: cover with whitewash; “whitewash walls”
3: exonerate by means of a perfunctory investigation or through
biased presentation of data
English → English (gcide)
Whitewash \White"wash`\, n.
1. Any wash or liquid composition for whitening something, as
a wash for making the skin fair. --Addison.
2. A composition of line and water, or of whiting size, and
water, or the like, used for whitening walls, ceilings,
etc.; milk of lime.
3. a glossing over or cover up (of crimes or misfeasance).
Whitewash \White"wash`\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Whitewashed; p.
pr. & vb. n. Whitewashing.]
1. To apply a white liquid composition to; to whiten with
2. To make white; to give a fair external appearance to; to
clear from imputations or disgrace; hence, to clear (a
bankrupt) from obligation to pay debts.
3. In various games, to defeat (an opponent) so that he fails
to score, or to reach a certain point in the game; to
skunk. [Colloq., U. S.]
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
4. to gloss over or cover up (crimes or misfeasance).